Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Outdoor Festival

While Chris drove up to PA to get Gramps and Gramma, the kids and I checked out a local outdoor festival. It was amazing!! I'd been looking forward to it because of all their posts on Facebook (#advertisingwin) and was glad the weather cooperated to make it enjoyable. We were there for 5 hours, which speaks to the behavior of the kiddos AND the entertainment there! We enjoyed the lumberjack show, dog agility competition, "Air Dogs" (jumping into water), BMX show, and a ropes course. 








I thought Willow would LOVE this ropes course they had but she didn't want to and wouldn't really tell me why. Owen, on the other hand, said he wanted to. It might've helped that his preschool buddy was doing it as we walked over to it. We stood in line for about 20 minutes and the whole time I kept asking if he wanted to do it because I was pretty sure he was going to chicken out. I kept taking pictures as he got closer and closer to doing it, thinking "This is going to be as far as he gets before he chickens out." BUT....he never did! He was so brave! There was even a boy about 5 years older than him that was two people ahead of him starting, and he got to the top of the stairs and was afraid to step onto the first obstacle, then was crying trying to get across it and ended up getting taken down. I was sure that THEN Owen would chicken out but he didn't!! He was a rockstar and did the whole course! There was one obstacle (looks like individual swings to step across) that he did get a bit scared/frustrated so I helped stabilize it, then another long log that he wanted me to help move closer to him, but other than that he did it all on his own and had a smile on his face for a lot of it!! I was so proud!

Getting on the gear on (thought this would be the last pic):

The boy at the top ended up being the one that had a hard time (thought this would be the last pic):










BMX shows = big boys on bikes


The "Air Dogs" was pretty amazing to watch!






Later that evening we were excited when Gramps and Gramma were arriving

No comments:

Post a Comment