Wednesday, January 2, 2019

VA Christmas

We were in town for Christmas this year, so we got to attend our church's Christmas Eve service. The pastor's message was spoken as the Innkeeper and the kids did a great job staying in the service. During the candlelight singing of "Silent Night" I was wishing I could manage my candle AND taking a picture but decided to try capturing the "mental image" instead. THEN I saw a friend had this posted, so I stole her picture ;)


The kids were determined to stay up for Santa this year. I made sure to tell them that any time Kim and I stayed up for Santa, he didn't come until we fell asleep. ;) Willow changed her mind after her friend stayed over the night before and she didn't get enough sleep. 

Owen and I were going to stay up until 12:30 but he ended up falling asleep around 10:30 when I went up to get ready for bed. The last thing I heard out of him was him shouting that the Broncos scored a touchdown. I should've known that watching the Broncos would put him to sleep ;) I had told him that if he fell asleep, I would wake him up at midnight. We went into the living room and read 3 pages of a book, then went upstairs for bed. When we noticed Belle had left, we went back downstairs to notice she'd left powdered donuts, so he got a midnight donut. 


Santa came!!

He ate a lot of cookies and left Owen a nerf gun and left Willow a magical Harry Potter wand (he must've been out of invisibility cloaks):

Alli checked out her house but isn't so sure of it yet. 

She hasn't learned how to use the wand yet, but was able to do "magic" with wrapping paper!


Willow wrote these sweet poems for us at school!


Willow helped make monkey bread for Christmas breakfast:


The rest of the morning included a lot of Lego building. Owen got a big Ninjago set and Willow got the Harry Potter castle set. 

Alli loves boxes!

Got it!

Skyping with Gramps and Gramma:

 Owen enjoyed some target practice with his new nerf gun:


 And Mama loves her dot-to-dot book!! This one had 331 dots!

In the afternoon we headed to Nana and Grandpa's to spend the rest of the day with family. There were plenty of gifts to go around!

The "grandfather" nerf gun from Nana and Grandpa put Santa to shame!!

 So many gifts!! The funniest part came after the video ended when Hunter took his whole bag of clothes out in one pile and dumped them behind him without looking at them. He was in "unpacking" mode for sure!! I didn't get a video of it, but Willow was passing out gifts and Hunter would sweetly ask, "Is this for me Willow?" which came out more like "Is this for me Wiwwow?" Here's his sweet voice.  I had to get a video of it since I know it's temporary and I'm not sure if I ever caught Owen calling her "Lillow."

More target practice:

Hunter celebrates his shot!

Willow is quite a "sharp shooter!!"



Nana sewed the kids matching PJ pants!!

Kim got us matching PJs!!




All the kids got nerf guns!


No comments:

Post a Comment