Friday, March 26, 2021

Indoor Soccer

When the family of one of Willow's friends reached out to me about their daughter participating in indoor soccer, I asked Willow if she'd like to try it too. Rec basketball had been cancelled do to COVID so it was nice to have a sport option that she enjoys. It was a 7-week season with a 30-min practice followed by a 45-min game, all between 4 teams that they created. It was run by a man who coaches a local travel team so I was optimistic about any pointers that she'd learn from it. Mid-way through the season when I asked her if she liked it and what she liked about it, she responded that she liked seeing her friends. ;) I think she was just craving time with friends so much. We'll consider it a bonus that she got in a little exercise at the same time! She did "dust off" throughout the season with quite a few goal attempts but, unfortunately, no success. I didn't record very much at the games but did put my clips together in this video. It's not as edited to be just her highlights, so it gives a better feel of what it was like playing (often felt overcrowded!).


Everyone (begrudgingly) took their turn as goalie.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment