Thursday, November 25, 2021

Camping Themed Classroom

It's my second year at my new school and, despite COVID, I feel like I'm in the "happily ever after" stage of my teaching career. My principal is positive, supportive, and encouraging. The other staff are kind and welcoming. The students are happy and respectful. It's been amazing! I was so excited when my principal said I'd have a full-sized classroom to use last year and was able to set up some of the things that generous friends and family purchased off my Amazon wishlist. This year I was moved to a more permanent classroom (the other was an extra 1st grade classroom that would only be extra when there were two 1st grade classes instead of 3) and was able to set up everything! Here's a little walkthrough.   

The tent was much bigger than I thought it'd be, but it's the perfect size for having 5 people working in. The kids are always surprised when they sit on the stump cushions because they're so soft but appear to be real stump slabs. 

Chris did an amazing job on the picnic table! He built it at home then assembled it in the room. It's not going anywhere!! It was starting to get stray pencil/marker lines on top, along with gray spots from eraser dust, so I've since added a table cloth. I use a picnic basket to carry around my white boards, pencils, charts, etc to whichever reading area I'm at with each group. 

I was able to use these stump seats from Chad last year but the kids still love them!

This green rug is so incredibly soft! The kids love it and will often bend down to rub it while they sit in the chairs. They'll even ask to sit on the rug instead of the chairs!

Some reading buddies were purchased online but many were from ones that Willow out-grew. The kids love reading with a soft friend!





 Check out the kids!








The picnic table with its table cloth that matches the beautiful fall trees outside the window!


No comments:

Post a Comment