Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Spelling Bee

 Owen competed in his school's spelling bee, which was only for 5th graders. He wasn't too interested in practicing with me beforehand but I did make him a couple times ;) I was grateful that my principal let me slip out to attend and both sets of grandparents were able to be there too! Chris was at work so I kept texting him the video each time Owen was up to the microphone. He kept going and going and suddenly it was down to two! It was a double-elimination and his competitor misspelled her second word right after Owen misspelled his first...making him the winner!! 





He went to the county's spelling bee a few weeks later. He was competing against 5th-8th graders!! I tried to convince Willow to participate in her school's spelling bee because if she'd won, she would compete against Owen! She couldn't be convinced though ;) 

The participants....all looking pretty terrified!!

Unfortunately Owen misspelled his first two words but we were so proud of his bravery! And we all learned a new word....cirque!




We celebrated with a donut before returning to school :)


No comments:

Post a Comment