Friday, May 12, 2023

Soccer

Willow enjoyed being part of the middle school soccer team again this year. She had the option of trying out for the JV high school team and was cut, but there is a bright side to everything, and it worked out for her to be a captain of the middle school team instead and use her leadership skills! 








We're always grateful for her support system!


I loved checking her phone and seeing her encouraging her teammates!


Willow noticed some cliques forming on the team, mostly between "travel" and "not travel" players. We had multiple conversations about what she could do and I was proud of her for speaking up to her coach to try and make things better. I was especially appreciative of how the coach responded!


A sweet mom bought flowers for the 8th graders for their last home game!


 The coach had great things to say about Willow at the banquet and even complimented the captains on their leadership skills this season, directly looking at Willow. It meant a lot!


Check out her highlight video!

No comments:

Post a Comment