This school year has been interesting, that's for sure! Both kids were "hybrid" the first nine weeks of school, meaning that they attended in-person on Tues/Fri and did assignments from home the other 3 days. Thankfully Owen was able to return back to 5 days a week in October (when I was pulled to be a virtual teacher) but his class had to move to the cafeteria in order to meet the 6' distancing requirements. He had a great teacher and they made the best of the situation. Owen earned all As this year!
Willow remained hybrid for most of the year. In March they started going 4 days a week and she had a mixed reaction when I told her - I think she'd really gotten used to doing her work on the couch, with lots of snacks, in her pajamas :) She did great going back and was able to develop some new friendships. Willow also earned all As this year! When they approved the Pfizer COVID vaccine in May, she was able to get her first dose while at school, then we brought her to school for her 2nd dose a couple weeks into summer. Here's hoping for some normalcy in the coming year!!

The kids were great about helping with party bags for my virtual students. Below they were helping distribute valentine cards, which was fun for them since they didn't get to do it in class!
A colleague gifted me this sign when I became a virtual teacher:
I met some friends at a new axe throwing place in town to relieve a little stress during SOL testing week. It was a lot of fun!
Innocent smiles under those masks!
Beginners luck??







No comments:
Post a Comment