Willow has been attending Youth Group at church this year on Sunday nights. They've met outside and only had a few cold times in the winter. She's made a new friend and seems to really enjoy going. The youth do a week mission trip each summer and this year they went outside Gatlinburg, TN. I was glad she was interested in going!
One of the chaperones said that it's usually a larger group but I think it was good for her first experience to be with a small group. I was thankful for all of the pictures they posted throughout the week!
We were proud to get this text from a chaperone after the first work day!
I was excited to get an email from her during the week:
I think Willow enjoyed the freedoms and responsibilities they had during the week. They were "set free" to enjoy the water park on their own, so I was thankful that her friend was there too. They were also responsible for being places at certain times so it was a good experience for her to think through when she needed to wake up (she didn't take her blankie or music on the trip!!!). I hope she'll enjoy going on these trips each summer!



No comments:
Post a Comment