It finally happened!!! Both kids are bike riders! I set it as a summer goal for Owen (again) and he had to ride to the end of the culdesac and back 5 times each morning before he could have screen time. He got faster with his pedal bike (he'd always done great with the balance bike and preferred that) to the point that I'd raised the training wheels a bit. In late July we took them off and headed to the school to have a larger flat grassy area (for a softer fall) but the grass was too hard to pedal through. We tried the ball field and he showed himself that he was ready and able!
Running beside him in the bus loop:
Flashback to Willow doing the same loop in Nov 2018 (also 4th grade):
We've already made a one-way and there-and-back trip on the Greenway for icecream! He's super speedy!
This pretty much sums up each of our attitudes towards mountain biking ;)
Willow and I enjoyed some bike rides this summer too :)











No comments:
Post a Comment