Saturday, September 30, 2023

SPCA (and bee stings!)

We continue to enjoy volunteering for Canine and Feline Enrichment at the SPCA!
Buddy

Charlie

Dash


Hope

Kash

The after-effects of all of Kash's drooling during fetch!

 

Muffin Man

Milo

Leela

Lady

Some cuteness in action:






We were walking Otis on the trail when he stuck his nose into an area with downed trees. Suddenly ground bees were swarming everywhere, Otis was shaking all over, we were swatting bees away from our face, and being bit all over. We must've looked pretty crazy going nuts and trying to get away as fast as possible! We even had them on our shirts as we returned to the building to return Otis to his kennel then go home. It was quite the experience!

My biggest bite areas were on my bicep, shoulder blade, and hip. It got worse over the next few days and wouldn't stop itching, to the point that I went in to the doctor. Looks like I have an allergy to bee stings! She recommended that I carry an epipen though I don't expect a situation like this to happen any time soon! Owen was not interested in walking on the trail the next few times we went in for Canine Enrichment though!

Getting worse vs. better!


We got Otis again the next time we went, but stuck in the fenced in grassy area. We're happy to report he's doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment