Thursday, July 18, 2013

Willow's First Dentist Appointment

Yep...we waited until Willow was 4 to take her to the dentist. Don't judge. We do brush her teeth twice a day and I religiously go to the dentist every 6 months. For some reason I've just really delayed taking her for the first time. The dentist recommended that kids start coming in before they're a year old (YEAH RIGHT!!), but with how AWESOME Willow did, I'm almost convinced to wait until Owen is 4 to bring him! I think it helped that she'd been to my dentist appointments 3 or 4 times, we've read books about the dentist, and they've talked about dental hygiene at one of her school's field trips. She was a pro. She did exactly what the hygienist asked (she opted to not lay back because she was given a choice, otherwise she likely would have) and she even said Willow was the best listener she'd had all day so she earned two tokens instead of just one. The hygienist brushed her teeth with a regular brush, flossed, did x-rays, and the dentist checked her teeth for cavities/overbite/etc. She got a great report!




She walked away with a balloon, Clifford toothbrush, silly band, bouncy ball, AND ring! 

Way to go big girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment