Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Elf on the Shelf: Belle

We successfully hid AND found Belle between last year and this year. She made her first appearance the day after Thanksgiving when she changed our sign from saying "Give Thanks" to "Jingle Bells:"

The kids enjoy looking for her in the mornings and Willow even talks to her as she passes by.




Willow was wondering what Belle ate, so we decided to leave a beloved cinnamon muffin from Sam's Club out for her (now that's true love from these kids!!):

That Belle has pretty fancy writing!!

Same milk and muffin the next night:




 Belle "liked" this spot so well she stayed there two days (whoops!):


(no pic of Belle in Willow's room sitting on the curtain rod)






What is a parent to do when your child screams that a stink bug is crawling on Belle but you're not supposed to touch her or else she loses her magic??? Chris ended up getting a towel to pick up Belle (saying, "I'm not touching her...the towel is...") while I got the stink bug off. The problem, then, was that it was hard to get her to balance back on the towel rack =) haha She ended up back in the basketball hoop in the bathtub...







I went into Owen's room at 5:00am the morning Belle had moved in to Owen's room when I heard him fussing. When I put his blanket back on him he seemed to be going back to sleep, but then stood up in his bed and said, as if he'd been awake for hours, "Belle's on my tractor!!!" He was beyond excited!




Belle left the kids powdered donuts for breakfast again!



No comments:

Post a Comment