We're enjoying the spring blooms around the house!
And hoping the privacy fence doesn't block out ALL of the light from Chris' garden (grrrrrrr):
We are eating our emotions. I'd heard wonderful things about Mama Crockett's donuts and have to say that I agree about all the hype! They're amazing! A close contender with our favorite apple cider donuts from Carter Mountain for sure!
We usually never buy Oreos unless Gramma's coming in town but it's been our Corona treat of choice. You can never have too many and we've decided mint is best!
The kids have still been helping with dinner:
Willow has enjoyed playing Catan Jr with Cadence on Zoom. She also gets a couple friends a week on her Sunday Zoom call.
This is the point we've gotten to:
This was taken on May 23rd. The death count is unfathomable!
All the kids are dying to play with someone else. The boys next door enjoyed squirting Owen over the fence and he definitely enjoyed the refreshment AND attentions!
This game of Risk might seem equal in this photo but Chris went on to conquer the world over the few days we took to play.
The weather has been switching from 3-4 days in the high 50s to 3-4 days in the 70s/80s. The kids enjoyed playing in the rain and in the sprinklers on the warm days. We're just coming into a warm stretch again after having 3 50-degree rainy days. There's been lots of flooding in town!
The rainbow after the rain!
If you look closely you'll see the beautiful rain still falling as the sun came out!
Gotta love that tough face...
that then avoids the water in his face:
We still miss Alli terribly! Although I don't burst into tears 3-4 times a day anymore, there's still an ache in my heart every time I notice her absence. When I cautiously turn around in the kitchen in case she's snuck up on me and is laying by my feet. When I continue to check the litter box. When I notice the void where her food and water have been. When everyone is content and there's no one to go pet. When we head upstairs for bed and there's no one to give treats to. We've been blessed by the outpouring of love from others and are so grateful!
Owen is out of his booster seat now so we've graduated from all car seats!!!
Willow and I were waaaaaaay overdue for haircuts so I gave her a trim myself.
You can see why we pay money to go to someone who knows what they're doing:
I enjoyed my first "social distanced" lunch with friends. We met at our favorite Mexican restaurant for take out then sat in the parking lot in camping chairs. You gotta do what you gotta do to stay sane and connected to others!
The kids have enjoyed the occasional movie or show during dinner outside of our normal Friday Night movie night. Some of our favorite shows to watch during dinner have been Lego Masters, God Friended Me, Ellen's Game of Games, and Price is Right.
We all benefited from Owen's school assignment to make rootbeer floats for learning about states of matter!
Strawberry picking has been in high demand this season due to so many people being home with extra time. Our favorite patch has been closing 5 hours early many days due to being picked out. We strategically went right as they opened (after having a day off and 80-degree weather) on a Monday and it turned out to be a great decision! It only took us 20 minutes to pick two buckets and we probably only went 25 yards into the field! There were so many berries that we were able to be picky in getting the best ones! Now it's time for strawberry bread and strawberry cobbler!!
This is the biggest puzzle I've done in a while! 2,000 pieces!










































No comments:
Post a Comment