Friday, June 3, 2016

Lots of Random May Happenings

Owen discovered the rings hanging from the swingset recently and realized that he's strong enough to hold on AND brave enough to drop down on his own!

We've loved this ball that we got Willow for her birthday. It's even big enough for adults to enjoy! ;) Check out Willow. 





Owen is also big enough now to climb UP the slide! He's fully prepared to get into trouble on the playground in Kindergarten!


We've had beautiful weather lately to enjoy the hammock Chris got me for my birthday. It's perfect for reading together!


We loved the trampoline park in Richmond and were excited when one opened nearby recently. It's a bit pricier since you pay for adults at this one too, but I'm sure we'll enjoy it for a special outing every once in a while. We had fun with Gramps and Gramma while they were here!



It's hard to get a good picture while you're there! They mostly end up like this:

or this:

We'll leave it up to your imagination who was knocked off the beam first:

Chris was a trooper and agreed to run the Color Run with me. I wasn't so sure I was "happy" to be doing it, but sported the tattoo nonetheless.

Here's our "before" picture:

and the "after":
Chris didn't train at all yet was powering up the hills faster than me (not that I really trained enough). The paint wasn't really what I expected. I thought we'd have paint thrown at us in some type of ball/balloon that exploded. This was more of a powder that was squirted out of a ketchup-type container while you walked through a squirting zone. I'm not much of a runner, but stopping to get squirted wasn't helping my stamina. If I did it again, I'd forget about the running part and just enjoy the color. 

Last spring Owen was as tall as an iris:

Here he is this year:

Owen gets chilly a lot, like his mother, and recently he's been thankful that I often wear a cardigan to work since he's borrowed it on a few occasions when we've been out (even if it's pink!).

We enjoyed a local strawberry festival with Gramps and Gramma. The weather was great and the strawberries were delicious!




We ventured into being outnumbered by children on a recent Saturday by watching Hannah and Hunter so Kim and Chad could get some work done on their house. There weren't any tears, the kids had naps, all were well-fed, and they even had a good time playing together!




Hannah wasn't so much in to having a different brush for each color:

Owen wasn't so much in to limiting the paint to going on the paper:







No comments:

Post a Comment