There are 3 parts of the Appalachian Trail known as the Triple Crown: McAfee's Knob, Tinker Cliffs, and Dragon's Tooth. Chris and I did McAfee's Knob when the kids were out of town once, to figure out if they could do it (they could). Willow did Tinker Cliffs with the youth group and swears she'll never do it again (we'll see about that). We joked that we'd finish the Triple Crown as a family if Owen did Dragon's Tooth on his own. ;) The hike is 4.6 miles round-trip but the last mile to the top is pretty intense! Very rocky and steep. Hardly even ledges wider than your foot. I felt so sad for people with dogs who were refusing to go (there'd been a warning sign at the trailhead warning against bringing dogs on the hike).
It doesn't take Owen long to find a stick!
We went through our water FAST!
There's the tooth!
Just when I was thinking, "I'll have to tell Allison we did this!" my adventurous co-worker who had RUN up to the top showed up. What a crazy surprise!
I wouldn't let Owen go to the very top. It made me too nervous!!
No comments:
Post a Comment