We found out who Willow's teacher was going to be in a letter last Friday. We couldn't remember which teacher was which from her 1 hour orientation the week before so the name didn't mean too much at the time. We've been praying for a good teacher match for Willow. Someone who will challenge her, hold high expectations, and have a structured environment while being nurturing at the same time (that's not too much to ask for, is it??). We first fell in love with her teacher, Mrs. Bray, when she received this card in the mail:
Willow made this card to give to her at Open House tonight:
| She told Gramma she added a period after each word so she would read it slowly in a regular voice. |
Momma was over-the-moon excited to see Willow's nice-sized classroom and hear Mrs. Bray talking about teaching students on their level. I asked if the towel/blanket on the class list was for a rest time and she said that they don't have rest time, but the towel/blanket was for when they go outside on a nice day to read or lay on their backs to look at the shapes of the clouds. She said sometimes they'll push the tables to the side if she has a video to introduce a new topic, and they can lay on their towel/blanket to watch. I seriously want to be in her class too!! Willow tells me I'm too big... We know two other girls who will be in Kindergarten at the same school and they're BOTH in her class!! God is really watching out for our Willow Libby!!
And God made us all smile seeing a family of 5 deer in a front yard as we came down the hill in our neighborhood:
Of course part of being ready for school is going school shopping. I took Willow with me to the mall on tax free weekend since she's been a bit more opinionated about her clothes lately (half of her clothes for this summer were never worn!!). She started off with a lot of "Can we get this? Can we get this?" but after hearing a lot of "No"s, I started getting a lot of, "Can I got watch that tv while you look?" Maybe I'll wait a bit longer to include her in the mall shopping trips. We had a coupon for Kohls so I went on a 2nd shopping trip with both kids and Gramma. Owen was a bit confused by the manikins but looooooved holding his shirts (all with trucks on them). Willow was pretty thrilled with her Frozen pajamas and a few other things:
It's going to be a great year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment